Saturday 26 February 2011

Lovely to receive a handwritten letter …..

From a great friend in
post 
Yes I know it is a New Year card….. I don’t
mind at all .. inside was a wonderful letter too ..
Thank you Jennifer.
post1
Jennifer is a lovely lady I met in Paris ….
In August 2009, whilst I was looking after
a friends apartment and her cats .. (unfortunately
these lovely people had to return to the USA) :-(

Jennifer left me a comment on my blog
saying she lived in Paris and would
I like to meet up for coffee!!! 
Such a brilliant opportunity
so we met , went for coffee Kirs and dinner

I know she said  coffee , being polite  as
she didn’t know me .. She does now! ♥♥
We had a fabulous few hours and have met
up since .. and I introduced her to my other great friends
Leesa, Dawn and Barbara.  
Cimg5776
Dawn, Leesa, Barbara and Jennifer .
Our great day out at Parc de Sceaux.

11 comments:

  1. I want to have friends who need me to look after their apartments in Paris. Love hanging out with girlfriends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I would love to have a friend who would like me to look after her apartment overlooking the Grand Canal in Venice!! LOL! Lovely for you to receive that handwritten note. I used to absolutely love writing letters and to receive them, but it doesn't happen these days, with e-mail and text communications :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snap, I had a hand written air letter from S.Africa yesterday full of interesting updates. I have to admit to being guilty of not hand writing anything anymore. In fact I have almost forgotten how to write LOL. Email has just taken over! Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really do agree with you Anne, that it is lovely to receive a hand written letter. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is so much computer stuff now that handwritten letters are put to the way side... I like writing letters and getting them as well, it's so much more personal. It's always nice to go on outings with friends especially in paris! :o) Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the write-up, Anne. Glad you got the letter OK! Sorry I'm such a procrastinator he he. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes, it's nice, especially when you get mostly now advertisments or accounts to be paid to a mail box:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is something about receiving snail mail I always get excited!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do miss hand written notes and letters. My handwriting is dreadful now though so if I wrote one I doubt anyone would be able to decipher it!

    Lovely that you got to meet up with a blogger and introduce her to your friends too. That's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's never to late to send a New Year's Day card- it's good the whole year through..

    Jennifer is a doll.. It was so great to meet her and become friends.. YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to everyone for commenting, it certainly makes my day. A pleasure to see everyone of you. Old and New.. Blogging not only opens up the world but gives us new friends.