Thursday 13 June 2013

Visiting Fontvielle, Monaco, Dreamin of France Meme .....





Please join this weekly meme. Grab a copy of the photo above and link back to An Accidental Blog. Share with the rest of us your passion for France. Did you read a good book set in France? See a movie? Take a photo in France? Have an adventure? Eat a fabulous meal or even just a pastry? Or if you're in France now, go ahead and lord it over the rest of us.


Other than going to the Grand Prix ,
we wanted to fit in as much
as possible , seeing the fabulous
areas in Monaco.
 
Linda and I walked
alot on our own, venturing to
new things each day , time permitting.
 
This day we went to
 
Port Fontvieille
Monaco



View Larger Map

Only fifty years ago Fontvieille was nothing
 more than a narrow stretch of sand where the rock plunged into the sea







 

We took a peek at the

The Museum of Stamps and Coins of Monaco


 
A
walk round the port ,,
the little boats you can see are the boats that
take the guests to the private yachts , there is no other way!!
 
 




 
 
 
This is the other side to the sundial and it says
Cadran Solaire De Fontvielle ,,
 
I cannot find a link for it .. I will keep looking.
 
 
 
 

They have lots of statues around this area , so more to come!!



7 comments:

  1. I've never been to Monaco, or even thought of going. It must be fun to fantasise ! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always wanted to go to the Monaco Grand Prix,, but also love France too , so sort of did both :-)

      Delete
  2. I only saw Monaco and not much of the surrounding areas as we were on a tour. Looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leslie,, it was fabulous, and so much to see. Linda and I would like to go back , not for the GP though, in normal months ,, out of season even, , and adventure further afield, love it, and being so close to Italy , we could do both .. NOW there is an idea., :-)

      Delete
  3. Hi Anne, thanks for returning the visit. I found your blog through someone else's - it was on their blogroll. Glad I did now.

    Sure, please feel free to share my post about the dreadful trip to Legoland on your Facebook page.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anne,
    I LOVED this :). I have never been so South as this( I won't say the farthest South I have been because it is no contest!).
    Those are wonderful walks under the sun.
    Thank you for sharing and take care.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did I miss this post? Must have been as I prepared for my parents' visit. Gorgeous photos. You look like you fit in there amidst all the glamour and beauty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to everyone for commenting, it certainly makes my day. A pleasure to see everyone of you. Old and New.. Blogging not only opens up the world but gives us new friends.