Friday 19 March 2010

A wonderful surprise postcard...................

from
Xian China

This surprise came from Lindyloumac whose blog is News from Italy. We connected through Figs and Lemons blog where Linda found me, I believe back in December 2009. I am really pleased we met through blogging! You never know we could meet up on our travels.

Linda and her husband recently travelled to Hong Kong to visit their daughter, and took the opportunity to fly to Xian China. Whilst there, they went to see the Terracotta Army, which Linda said is AWESOME! They also saw many Pagodas like the one in the postcard.

Cannot wait for Linda to start writing about the trip, I am sure she will also have lots of photos for us! But in the meantime why not call over and have a read.

Linda and her husband moved to Northern Lazio, Italy in 2004, after becoming 'empty nesters' and wanted some fun and adventure! Who doesn't!!

A BIG THANK YOU TO LINDA

14 comments:

  1. So happy the postcard saga continues. I must see if I can find another one - but this one from my own little village of Ladner. Weather's improving, flowers are blooming, and it's sunny today! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are really recieiving and collecting a lot! I thought the postcards hardly exisited any more. You more easily know the email address than the real address of people nowadays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the one you received from Lindyloumac. Don't think it is, but it looks vintage.
    Hugs to you. You will have to make a cool books with all your cards.
    Please send your addy. Will send you a post card from Jefferson too!

    xox
    Constance

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post card. Enjoy your weekend Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Anne,
    Recently, orchids are not as expensive here as in the past (in the states).
    Why it is SO exciting is that I'm NOT a green thumb (good with plants)

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    xox
    Constance

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Anne! What a wonderful postcard from Xian! I've been there ten years ago during my travel in China with my sister and you make me remind the faboulous trip and experience I had!
    Thank you!
    Happy Sunday!
    Vale

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful postcard from China! Anne, Do you collect postcards from countries all over the world? it's really great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely to have such nice blogging friends!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a nice postcard, it's so much fun to get presents from friend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am now home and catching up with My Blog reading!
    Anne, I am so pleased to read that my postcard arrived and that you have blogged about it :)

    I to hope that one day we will become more than just virtual friends.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool ! It is nice to be remembered by so many friends.
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  12. How lovely, I would love to visit China.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am at home now and catching up with My Blog reading!I am so pleased to read about the postcard arrived and that you have blogged about it. Thanks for sharing your work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to everyone for commenting, it certainly makes my day. A pleasure to see everyone of you. Old and New.. Blogging not only opens up the world but gives us new friends.