Thursday 28 February 2013

The Tour Jeanne d'Arc - Rouen ... June 2011






The Tour Jeanne d'Arc (Joan of Arc Tower) is the last trace of a castle which was demolished at the end of the 16th century. Built at the beginning of the 13th century by Philippe Auguste, it was in this dungeon-tower in Rouen that Jeanne d'Arc (Joan of Arc) was imprisoned and threatened with torture in 1430. Her trial had been committed to the castle.






Sorry I have not really written much , but I am sure the pictures speak volumes!!

8 comments:

  1. We really must stop at Rouen one day instead of driving straight past!! Great photos Anne, well done. Diane oxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful posts about Rouen...unfortunately, I didn't get there during my one and only time in France. But I sure would love to go back and tour more on my own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photos were amazing , Anne. I must try to get to Rouen on one of my trips to Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The photos are great. My daughter was supposed to go study in Rouen next year but now she is switching colleges -- and majors. I think she will study theater now. Maybe she'll make it to London instead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photography Anne. Thanks for taking us on your many adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anne,
    This is an interesting place. I remember thinking about Jeanne when D & I came to Rouen.
    Jeanne is a passionate woman. I feel the injustice of even centuries later of her death :(.
    Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos xoxo.

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  7. No need to apologise Anne, your photos are beautiful - thank you for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun it is to see your photos as we were in Rouen in August and loved the city!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to everyone for commenting, it certainly makes my day. A pleasure to see everyone of you. Old and New.. Blogging not only opens up the world but gives us new friends.