Sunday 15 March 2009

Taking a Flight!!!


Click on photo to enlarge

This was my sky view as I was leaving my house to walk to town..I was fascinated and amazed. We live on the edge of flight path from Heathrow. The aircraft make their way over Oxfordshire, to the Atlantic and onwards to Canada and America.

We don't normally see as many, but informed by my husband, this could be down to climatic conditions, such as moisture or temperature.

But for whatever reasons, it made the sky dramatic!!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks WL...little bit more info for you, I had to ask Arni :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Very dramatic indeed.

    Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember always seeing lots of gliders around Oxford too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very neat sky pattern Anne. And I also love that glorious sun! We've had great weather for the past week...let's hope it stays that way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a beautiful display. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is chemical trails. If all aircraft left this trail you would have zero visibility in cold climates all the time resulting in a permanent overcast all the time. This is chemical trails.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to everyone for commenting, it certainly makes my day. A pleasure to see everyone of you. Old and New.. Blogging not only opens up the world but gives us new friends.