Wednesday 11 March 2009

One of our Favourite Pasta Makers......

is Lucio Garofalo. This used to be available years and years ago, and we both remember this blue packet in our kitchens...the taste is so good! Up until 2 years ago, we were able to buy in most of Sainsburys or Waitrose Supermarkets ...no no no ...not anymore, and so we have to snap it up when spotted!! This did come from Sainsburys but the Swindon branch near to my son and his wife. They remembered and bought us a few packets.

De Cecco
is another brand that we use a lot, so it all depends what is available on the night!

For tonights supper I cooked up some...

Pancetta, Mushrooms, Tomatoes, Chilli and Garlic.

Cooked the Pasta and added this to the sauce, so much better. The pasta absorbs all the flavours and juices from the pan!


so simple, and very very tasty! Photo is of whats left!!

10 comments:

  1. Yum!!! I also love Speculos!! Hard to eat just one, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to keep my eyes open for that brand. If nothing else, I like the package.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a paste maker in Terracina where I go almost every day when we are there :-)

    Thanks for taking part in the vongole/clam discussion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We too love Garafolo and used to have the girls bring it to us when they come over from the U.K.
    They can't find it for us anymore either and I'm heartbroken :(
    Your dinner sounds yummo.......think I'll try that one. Prince and I are dedicated pasta eaters. Heck, I think we are just eating machines, lol.

    Steady On
    Reggie Girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I remember those blue pasta packets too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of the Garofolo brand though it looks like it may be made in Naples from the packet. Italians consider DeCecco pasta as one of the best brands so it's a good alternative.
    If you are looking for the Specaloos I can send you a few packets from here. Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Monika - Hi, Yummy indeed, what would I do without my pasta! :-)

    Leesa - I got confused Speculos!!! I thought what is Leesa on about..ha ha ..then I saw picture below this post...yes agree very yum!

    Linda - this brand as been going for years and years over here, much prefer to spend a little more money on a good pasta :-)

    Britt-Arnhild - Wow a fresh pasta maker, now that is what I should try and do...hope you got your Vongole/Clam sorted!

    Midlife - Garafolo is in very short supply here, but have noticed you can get it online, and I think they supply the states!

    Ellee - I always rememebr them perched in the corner, and never break your pasta...:-)

    Scitilla - Oh thank you, how sweet of you...we love speculoos. Definetely DeCecco pasta or this one for us...or for a real treat when in London go to an Italian Deli and buy something from there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm hunghry now! De Cecco is a favourite brand here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It does look cold! I love lentils on New Years day we all have to eat lentils to be prosperous for year. Even my hubby and daughter eat them! You should see the faces they make it's hilarious! I myself love them, especially with pasta!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to everyone for commenting, it certainly makes my day. A pleasure to see everyone of you. Old and New.. Blogging not only opens up the world but gives us new friends.