Wednesday 24 April 2013

Lovely to get a postcard ..♥

This time from
 
 
Cuba....
 
(somewhere else I have not been)
 
 
Below in the photo , the domed building is the
 
El Capitolio or National Capitol
which was
commissioned by dictator Gerardo Machado,
 
The building was modelled after the US Capital building in
Washington DC and the Pantheon in Paris.
 
It was completed in  three years from 1926 to 1929,
though work on the intricate interior features continued for nearly a decade.

 
 
 
My long time friend Marilyn and her husband
 
had a quick trip .. to get some SUN!!!
 
Hope she enjoyed her Mojitos .. Who doesn't :-)
 
bless her she remembered me.
 
A big thank you to Marilyn for the lovely surprise postcards, I actually
never know when or where she is going , so it is wonderful , as she
does go to far flung places ..
 
I cannot wait to see what comes through my letter box next !!
 
♥♥♥♥♥

7 comments:

  1. Lovely postcard!
    I hope the sun is shining bright in your parts, too.

    Cheers,
    Merisi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Merisi ... Yes the sun is shining here too :-) take care Anne

      Delete
  2. I agree! What a lovely postcard you received. Havana sounds very exciting. Actually, I have a couple of friends who have just returned from there and had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diane .. My friend is the first person I have known to go to Cuba .. and now you know friends too.. I was reading or hearing about how to travel to Cuba safely .. :-(

      Delete
  3. Cuba, wow your friends do get around Anne. Fantastic card. Take care Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Anne. I've always wanted to go to Cuba!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find Cuba fascinating and would love to see it sometime. My husband can't see a reason to go. I'd like to see all of those cars stuck in the 50's and 60's.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to everyone for commenting, it certainly makes my day. A pleasure to see everyone of you. Old and New.. Blogging not only opens up the world but gives us new friends.