Saturday 29 August 2009

A great evening out with friends in Paris

Tonight I had a wonderful evening and meal out with Barbara and her husband Didier. We took a stroll over to Rue Cler, which is a great place to be in the evenings. The street is packed out, and the atmosphere is so great. Didier chose a lovely restaurant on Rue De Grenelle, called 7eme Sud..it was so tasty.

After dinner. we walked up towards the Eiffel Tower saw it light up, it only lasts for about 5 minute or so, it is one site I will never tire of seeing.

Picture taken from the internet


We took a slow walk back, passed Ecole Militaire , and home again. How different it all looks at night, it is wonderful and to walk around different streets. You see and look at things differently. I have walked passed this building so many times this week, but only from one side!

A big thank you to Barbara and Didier for a wonderful evening. I really enjoyed myself and I hope you did too!

10 comments:

  1. i would so love to go to Paris and see the Eiffel tower .. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anne,

    We also enjoyed our evening out. It was lovely, very beautiful at the end to see the twinkling lights of the tour Eiffel( I have already but not recently), & the horses go by.

    It was as almost as if we were on holiday too, as we have never been to rue Cler ! Very charming on a summer's eve.

    Hugs XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all sounds lovely and it's great that you are sharing it with the rest of us. We can live vicariously.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was lucky enough to see it when it was lit up with a sign counting down to the millenium so I know how you feel about that sight :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would probably take a few minutes each time I saw it just to soak it all in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And you have great weather to enjoy it in too! Hope the rest of the stay is just as lovely for you.
    I look forward to catching up on the posts I missed...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you had a nice time with Barbara and Didier!! Sounds like a grand time!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You must have gathered up a storm of nice memories by now Anne :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely pic of la Tour Eiffel. I reckon you could sell that to the French Tourist Board then use the proceeds for your Sicily trip!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh la la Paris! How can you not have a GREAT evening in Paris... le sigh!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to everyone for commenting, it certainly makes my day. A pleasure to see everyone of you. Old and New.. Blogging not only opens up the world but gives us new friends.